Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A lovely afternoon

Our young ladies joined several others for one of the most pleasant afternoons of late. A good friend of their's - we'll call her Kitty - turned 13 years old. Her mother planned a most delightful, "Regency Era Ice Cream Social" for Kitty and her friends.



All young ladies came dressed in their Regency finest, enjoyed archery, butterfly catching, croquet and refined conversation. Kitty's mom read a beautiful letter written to another young lady, on the occassion of that young lady's 13th birthday, encouraging her to enjoy these next years, and to redeem them for the Lord...to see them as a time to learn, to serve and to think of others. I must ask for a copy of that letter to read again to my daughters on their 13th birthdays, as they enter that season of life.

The afternoon was so nice and the refreshments were too...they consisted of raspberry lemonade, ice cream and a scrumptious four layered, fruit filled cake, topped with fresh fruit! It was so kind of Kitty's mom to allow the Pooch and me to stay and photograph the event. Here are a few pictures I thought I'd share. Thanks again, Kitty and family....what pleasant company, what a nice time.

Some highlights:


Archery while the other ladies watch...


Croquet, anyone?


An afternoon tete-a-tete


Butterflies!


Happy Birthday, Kitty!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! "Kitty's" mom is amazing! That cake looked delicious! Looks like you and the girls had an amazing time! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Allowed you to stay?! Are you kidding...after our little one woke up early from her nap burning up, and "pooch" offered to help out by watching her in the bath; then I noticed you happily snapping away photos with that amazing camera of yours, I was ready to beg you to stay! Thank you so much for all your help, as well as for your work two summers ago to sew all those dresses for the play (and so we could use them again)!! Ahh, What precious memories.

"Kitty's" Mom

Anonymous said...

Wow! I think you are amazing with your camera and ever ready friendship and Kitty's mom is just too creative! Makes my HAPPY BIRTHDAY plates look less than exciting! Does this mean that you or Kitty's mom will help me when my little lady turns 13? Thanks so much for sharing...the girls all look so beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

You ladies are so creative! I loved seeing our sweet girls in the dresses, and that cake looked delicious!

I so want to be able to sew like that!

Love,
Cassie

Maia said...

What a great idea for a 13th b'day. I was just going to ask who sewed all the outfits...until I read the comments. Just gorgeous pictures...!

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun!!

Ladybug and the Bee