Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Elf's Birthday Party at the Mission



I recently celebrated my 13th birthday for the 3rd time. My family and I took some girls and thier families to Mission San Luis in Tallahassee. We dressed up in period costume, played, and had home-made Red Velvet Cake (thanks to my Aunt (prounouced Ain't) Rufus!

Mission San Luis was a Catholic Spanish mission to the Appalachee Indians during the 1600's. Now it is being restored. The mission has a church, friary, Spanish house and an Appalachee meeting place called the Council House.

Thanks girls for a wonderful birthday! Love you!


-ElvenMaiden

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there to share in the fun.....looks like ya'll had a great time. Sure is fun to turn 13 isn't it? The best is yet to come...Love, Mammy XXXXXOOOOOO

Unknown said...

Wow! You girls really know how to put on a party! I love that you love to dress up in period clothing and really get a sense of what things were like then. How fun! Happy late birthday! Glad you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday ... AGAIN! :) I love celebrations that last a while! Everyone should celebrate more than once. All you girls just bless me so. Great pics. Thanks for sharing! We love you ELF! :)

Unknown said...

Looks like y'all had a blast! I'm glad you were able to celebrate your special day AGAIN. :) I know how much you love going to Mission San Luis. It's exciting you were able to go. :) Love you, kiddo. :)

Anonymous said...

that looks like lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!