Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Sweet Surprise

Friends,

Just got back from the XC State Championship and spending a few days with our family in Central Florida....more about that (and pictures!) later. Going through the mail I found the sweetest surprise. Suzanne, the Shantou Foster Care Coordinator, a volunteer with Love Without Boundaries just happens to be one of our sweet Emmy Xiang's foster care sponsors. She responded to our plea for fabric and wishes for Emmy Xiang's quilt, but threw in another treasure.

This is what the letter read that she enclosed in the package:
Dear Tammy,
A few months ago, we asked our China Facilitator to have the Shantou Foster Care children do pictures for their sponsors, so they could be sent back with LWB volunteers.....The enclosed "drawing" was in the package. Since I am the sponsor, and I have seen it, I want you to have it. Look at those sweet little doodles!! Isn't that framable or what! I got permission to send it! How I hope your TA comes soon, you can go soon, and that her adjustment will be as smooth as possible.
Sincerely,
Suzanne

Suzanne also mentioned that there are still 6 foster children in Shantou (Guangdong) in need of sponsorship. Please consider visiting the LWB site to learn more about being a blessing to a child like Emmy Xiang, waiting for a forever family.

http://www.lovewithoutboundaries.com/FosterCare.php

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, sweet Thanksgiving Blessing to receive......and a picture Emmy Xiang drew makes it even more real that she really does exist "outside" of our hearts as well as the place inside that she has already holds. We are SO looking forward to meeting her and loving her. God just keeps giving and giving and giving - we are so blessed.

Anonymous said...

okay...I have to admit...I cried when I saw the picture and read this post!! What a special blessing that came at just the right time!! Rejoicing with you all!! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT. NOTHING LIKE A CHILD'S DOODLES. AND EVEN BETTER ALL THE WAY FROM CHINA!!!! :) HAPPY THANKSGIVING- WHAT A BLESSING! :)

Anonymous said...

What a treasure, Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!
Ladybug :)

Unknown said...

God is so kind! How precious!
I am so excited for you guys!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Love you!

Anonymous said...

that is too cute!!!! I love it .