Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Plug for Jim's Blog

Jim gave each of us journals before our trip. I watched everyone write in one and felt guilty each time I saw someone scribbling away. Katie and Jane Ellen journaled some, but Jim was constantly writing. But words just did not come to me on the plane ride over...and while in Beijing. I was too overwhelmed, too nervous. I watched Jim faithfully pen page after page. I wondered what he was writing. He just said he was writing his thoughts.

He has decided to share those words. You can read them just as we do. Join me over at his newly created blog (thank, Elf). Notice the link on the right hand side....I'm amazed at the poignancy of his words and have shed many a tear as I thank God for the most precious gift of a godly husband to lead our family. I am so blessed by him, his thoughts. I'm sure you will be blessed as you read the candid words of a dad to his daughter...and if you're the crying type, grab a tissue before you click.

More pictures to come...more fun, more details. Know for now that we're doing fine...working through a few issues with Emmy Xiang when the times arise (and they do), and continually trying to encourage and "check in" on the Elf, Ladybug and Pooch. At times it is hard, because we don't understand what she needs or wants, but we are relying upon God's grace for each moment.

One really nice thing that has occurred is that Emmy Xiang is communicating very well with a few signs or babbling words that we've identified the need. We usually know when she'd like some "more please" (sign), and we encourage and model still "thank you". We know all too well when she doesn't want to be carried...and wants to walk (something like "aa-oh-i") and a few other "necessities." She knows us well by name and even calls us at times (good news) and she is beginning to talk (in some other dialect - not Mandarin or Cantonese) a LOT more...she babbles all kinds of stuff, but no one, not even our Chinese guides, understand the dialect. Oh, well! We'll learn to communiate in God's timing. Pray for patience and gentleness from us and patience, security and obedience for her!

We're all needing some more sleep, so I'll sign off. Go read Jim's blog! And I'm sure we'll post more pictures and tell more stories soon.

Love y'all and keep the prayers and comments coming. We really miss y'all and home. We are so grateful to God for your support! And when you pray...thank Him for His work in us, in Emmy Xiang and in advance for what He's gonna do!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

God is faithful! We are praying God pours out his grace upon you and Jim today that you will have patience to train Emmy Xiang in the way she should go, even with a language barrier. God will give you the strength you need and the wisdom you need for each new day! He is faithful! Oh how blessed Emmy Xiang is to have you as her family! God is begining a work in Emmy Xiang and He will be faithful to complete it!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys! I will keep praying.
Rudy

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Ok, I have already cried quite a bit but I certainly will visit Jim's blog. Most DADDY things make me cry...long story for another day...anyway, thanks for the update. Glad things are going well. You probably can't understand EX b/c your southern accent is rubbing off on her!!! :) Love and miss y'all.