Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Surprise!

For my 12th birthday Mom and Dad chose to surprise me on Sunday with a victorian party! Sooo much fun!! Here's the story:
On Saturday, (the night before we would celebrate) I asked Mom if I could maybe have the Bee and Rudy over for cake and ice cream. She said that it would probably be okay, and I could ask MJ and Kitty if they would like to come as well! I was sooo excited! (This entire time, Mom was playing a trick on me!!) She had already planned with everyone to come over on Sunday afternoon! So, I called MJ and Kitty, and invited them, completetly clueless! Kitty answered the phone:
"Hello"
Hi "Kitty", this is "Ladybug".
"Oh, hi 'Ladybug"
" I know that Mr. J is out of town, so I was calling to give your Mom a heads up, (so she wouldn't be pressured on the day of) I was wondering if you and "MJ" would like to come over tomorrow and have cake and ice cream with us?"
"Well, I'll talk to my Mom, she isn't here right now, and I'll call you back!"
"Okay! Sounds good!"...

After about 1/2 hour or so, MJ calls back! I run up to answer the phone.
"Hello"
"Hi "Ladybug", it's MJ. I was returning your call about tomorrow afternoon."
"Okay, whats the deal?"
"My Mom has a meeting tomorrow afternoon, so we need to help babysit the little girls"
:( :( :( :( (Ladybug)
"Okay, well... I'll see you at church."
"Okay, bye."
"Bye"

A little background information:
All week the Elf had been saying to me "I want to play victorian this weekend! Would you like to play with me?"
My response was "If we have time, we have alot to do this weekend" (Again, completely clueless)
Also...
Our printer has been out of ink, so the B's would have to print my challenge! (The surprise would happen when they brought the challenge down)
Bee had said to me at church "I don't know if we can come today, because Mom said something about yardwork" This simply added to my depression!! I was very sad that the J's wouldn't be coming! :(

Back to the story!

At church I was very sad because the J's weren't coming. The Elf and I sat with them during the sermon. (Thanks Mr. D!) Mrs. Jammer and the boys had to leave kinda early, (the girlies were going home with the B's to surprise me when they brought the challenge down!) so they sat in the B's stifling hot car, all for me! Don't I feel special! When I got home, I kinda took my time, since "no one" was coming over! Haha! I had a great time when everyone got there, though! Thanks Girls! I love ya'll!



Note from mom: Check out the cake....Ladybug wanted a cookie cake (the kind that you might find in malls all across America...you know, with the gooey, way-to-sweet frosting on the inside). I am so glad that thing is gone! I ate WAY too much!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday Ladybug
love ABI

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Glad you had a great party!!! ~The Smith girls

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed it Ladybug!

Bee

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Awh...what fun.
Happy Birthday (again)!

Isn't God kind to bless you with such caring friends!?

Glad you had fun and shared the story and Pic! We love you Ladybug!

*TAMMY----YUM! :)

Jane Ellen said...

Thanks Everyone! I had a great time, and I am VERY VERY blessed to have such caring friends, Mrs. Blackman! Tell Elizabeth that I love her sooo much! She can come hug me anytime she wants! Love,
Ladybug