Sunday, August 3, 2008

Our Newest Addition



We are really excited to introduce you to our "new" 67 Volkswagen Beetle. Rescued from her resting place of probably 10 yrs or so. One of Tammy's uncles has had 30+ Volkswagens for as long as anybody can remember and finally decided to dispose of them. He kept 4 only and since this one was staying in the family decided to let her go to us. We (that's me and Tammy ... the girls are still warming up to the idea) have great plans. We are trying to decide on colors. Cream and Key Lime are among the most popular for now ... we must also decide whether to make her a two-tone (white would be the second color). How factory and how custom is yet to be settled. Before the first thing happens I have to finish house projects: finish painting the outside, take down wallpaper in kitchen, texture and paint, and baseboards as well. Then the fun begins. Maybe by January, if weather and such cooperate. As Cross Country is starting up and soccer will follow the distractions will be plentiful.

6 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

how exciting!!!!!
i always wanted a bug for my first car!!!
will this be JE's? :)
have fun! can't wait to see the finished product! :)

Anonymous said...

You won't believe this, but Charlie's wedding present to me was a 67 super beetle that he was restoring. It is aweful to think of it now, but we painted it metallic teal green. So much for the 80's! Have fun!!!

Jennifer White said...

My best friend from college had a beetle and it was SO fun to drive around town in. Even when she lived in Denver, we drove thru snow storms and that thing handled better than many other (Much newer) and heavier cars. What a blast. I can't wait to see what you do with it. The girls will catch the vision. (or you and Tammy can enjoy it!)

Anonymous said...

My first car was a '68 VW bug - it cost $1495.00 payments were $49.00/month and gas was $.20/gallon.....those were the good ole days - I'm glad to get to live vicariously through you.....Oh and did I say mine was the same color green (you KNOW why I chose green!). Love to you all. XXXXXXXOOOOOOOOO

ReBenMyers said...

You know us Myers, we love VW. If we could fit our children in a VW we would own one. I know it is hard to invision girls, but it will be awesome. Ben and I may ask to borrow it to cruise around town for date night!!!! Love you much

ReBenMyers said...

Absolutely I will call you when I need help. You all are just super busy with all that crazy runnin and runnin you all do. JJ :) Love you and I will call you next time. Love you all very much,
Rebecca, O and Molls