Tuesday, October 13, 2009

On Learning Latin: Katie's Perspective

This post is for the purpose of making sure that readers are not left with the idea that we live in a perfect homeschool world. There are some things that are not so pleasant to my children. Though others in the family may not share her - shall we say strong - opinion on the subject at hand, she has been heard. Loud and clear. By all in the family. Now YOU know, too.

The night I came home from a meeting and checked my email, I laughed heartily when this appeared. I still laugh when I read it:

Thoughts on Latin
By: Katie Brown
Date: September 23rd, 2009
 
Katie does not want to do Latin. She would drop it in a heartbeat if she were allowed to, but Noooooo!- not while her Mama draws breath. Oh well. Katie really wishes she never had to do Latin EVER again. She wishes foreign language didn't exist, but those sinners just had to build the tower of Babel. My goodness, really? You guys couldn't come up with anything better to do?!?! I mean, really?? Now we, generations and millenniums later, are suffering for YOUR sins... now WE have to bore ourselves with studying Latin.

Oh, Latin- "you rattlesnake, you reptile"... oh how I so strongly dislike you! You are the worst thing that ever happened to me. Oh, most horrible Latin, how you ruin each day and burden an otherwise happy soul and make it so bitter! I will never forget you (well, I'll forget the language, just not the pain you put me through to forget it in the end!).

Love you, Mom!
Katie

Hope you enjoyed the laugh, too!

3 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I think I am with Katie on this. Remind me why we need something other than English!!!?


Thanks for this laugh! :)

Family W said...

I just read this, and you're right that is soooo funny! She did a great job though, and she was honest. :-)

Unknown said...

Katie makes me laugh!