Friday, September 2, 2011

Hiking at Great Seneca

On one of our first days here, we saw a sign for "Great Seneca Stream Valley Park," and decided to check it out on Wednesday morning. It was so beautiful and the hiking trails were so much fun. This will be a great place for us to frequent through the varying seasons, and we look forward to watching the plants change with the seasons! Definitely, this is a new favorite spot!

It was so lush and green-- absolutely wonderful!
The trees were tall, and provided shade to keep us comfortable on our hike.
Oh, that stinkin' cute Munchkin-Face!
Aren't those the strangest (and prettiest) flowers? They were everywhere-- so lovely.


Our trail followed this stream.

Amazing trees! Can't wait to see what this looks like in the fall :)
The camera gets a workout... (the second photo in this post was being taken in the above photo)
Field Guides and Nature Journals!
And happy hikers!

4 comments:

Bee said...

Wow, that's beautiful! I'm jealous. I really want to come visit!

I love and miss you all!

Bee

Grace Brown said...

You MUST come visit!!!!

~ Shannon said...

How perfectly lovely! And I love the purple thistle, how very English! :-)

I'm glad to see you all are finding such lovely places to visit during your Northern Adventure!

Love,
Shannon

PS -- My word verification is "predrout" -- but it just rained this morning, so I'm hoping we're okay! Plus, the spelling isn't quite right ;-)

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I so need to grow in the area of nature walks & studies!