Thursday, July 12, 2007

No news is good news?

At least, that's what Jim keeps reminding me! Still no word from China. So we wait. Which is good. Why? Because we still have no passports for the kids. *SIGH* Please continue to pray!

However, for many adoptive parents who received their waiting child referrals close to us, there is a flurry of nervous excitement. Many of them got the infamous TP2 (the word they're in the match room) last week and their LOA (that letter to send back to China - signed, saying, "Yes, we really, really, REALLY do want to adopt this child!") THIS week. It also means they'll probably leave for China in 5-6 weeks. How cool is that?!

Since we're not quite there yet, I've been "listening in" on much of their conversations (on our agency's waiting children email group...what a great online support group!) and trying to take notes along the way. What kind of electrical converters do we need in China? Can one access blogspot in China? Important questions, like: What's the name of that "personal shopper" in Guangzhou? Where is the Starbucks in Guangzhou? Shocking questions, like: The cost of a Chinese visa is going up August 1?!? How many arms and legs are those airline tickets?!?! And our favorite...where to fly into - Hong Kong or Beijing? (Pray for Beijing!)

OH MY...the details to think of! And that's not even scratching the surface!

In light of all of that, I am prayerfully trying to map out our school year with Jim, discuss our homeschool co-op plans with our friends, order books for the kids, and get our life ready for the MAJOR change (what a welcome change Emmy Xiang will be!). Knowing the details that still need to happen, I do recognize that *my* desire to have travel plans RIGHT NOW are not the best. God's timing is best. Why should I worry or be anxious when He is in control?!? I remind myself daily - even moment by moment - that I am so grateful to be in the palm of His hand...that I can trust Him to work ALL things for His glory, as He has promised, and for my good. What an awesome God we serve! Pray with me that I will trust Him more!

And, Lord, please bring those passports...and then, the TP2 and then the LOA, and work out all the details, and, and, and....Oh, just make me content, Lord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Agree...no news is good news! :) All the details sound so exciting. Fresh reminder that WE ALL need to trust HIM always. Isn't God good to hold us in his hands and care for us JUST THE WAY we need to be cared for! I love you and Praying for those passports! :)

Eli said...

Well since it is a letter and its going all the way to China i would think that it would take awhile. But anyway, no news would definetly be good news!

Eli