Monday, October 1, 2007

God is still good...

and He always will be. No matter what.

Even if it takes many more months for us to be approved to bring home Emmy Xiang. Even if it takes years. God will still be good - even if we never get her. That is hard to say. But it's true.

I am constantly finding myself question God's timing, and thus needing to remind myself of this truth. God is sovereign, and He is good. When I preach truth to myself, take my eyes off of myself and place them on Him, I see that He has blessed me beyond belief - WAY beyond what I deserve. I just have to look around me to be reminded of evidences of God's grace: I am cherished by my husband, loved and encouraged by my three daughters, held dear by our most supportive family and lifted up continually by friends. Mostly, I remind myself that I have been saved from future wrath, by the grace of God and am being changed daily by His grace. Yes, He is merciful...and good.

So today, when so many of my "friends" online who are adopting waiting children through our agency are receiving good news (that same good news that we wait for), I remind myself once again that He is sovereign and He is good. I am then able to rejoice with them and trust God's perfect timing. It is a daily struggle, but one that I know He will only allow until His purposes are complete for this season.

May you, too, be encouraged in whatever season God has you. May you remember that He IS good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Tammy. I am struggling to remember this right now. I feel like there's a hole in my heart.

I will be praying that Emmy gets to come home soon!

Love,
Cassie

Patricia said...

He is good and you will soon have your big little girl in your arms. She is just adorable. really.

Anonymous said...

Ah...Thank you for your reminder! I, Too, Need this truth on a daily basis! You are such an encouragement to me and I love your family so! Can't wait for EX...but of course, HIS time is perfect...may we ALL remember that daily! :) I love you Tammy!

Anonymous said...

Tammy,

I wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and praying for you, esp. this week. Back in August I read a post of you blog, dated Aug.8, about waiting and it was a blessing for me to read as I had been waiting so long in the Waiting Child program. After reading it, I felt a sense of letting go and not holding on to the 'when will my child come?" and just trusting God for his timing. As you know about one month later, Tai came into our lives. IT seems for us at the time of just about giving up, and honestly not knowing or wanting to pray anymore and asking the "why" questions to God, did He break thru and surprise us. I regret we were at a point of not praying for our adoption, but our son Gary continued to pray every single night, and I know God answered Gary's prayers when us parents were not as trusting as we could have been. But still God in His goodness sent us Tai.

Just know that God feels your every emotion of not being able to hold Emmy yet and wanting to so badly to go and get her. It is so hard to trust God with His plans for our lives when we can't see the whole picture. Adoption has truly been a test of faith for us.

I was reminded this week of how long God was separated physically from His only son, Jesus, 33 years before He came back to Heaven and how they must have missed each other's physical presence.
So, God knows what you are going thru right now because He has experienced separation from His son.

Sorry for the length..I just wanted to send you a word of encouragement. I feel the light is going to break thru for you soon!
Hebrews 12:1,2

Darlene