Thursday, April 3, 2008

Spider Incident...Yikes!


Okay, here we go... it's Katie and Bee, we are home with Emmy Xiang, by ourselves...
I (Katie) started wandering around our house just in time to see a HUGE brown spider by Gracie's school books on the floor!!! (note: this is not where they belong, but where they are often found) I was freaked out!! What should I do???
"Oh my goodnes, Bee, there is a HUGE brown spider in here!!!"
"Well squish it!"
"Nuh-uh... are you kidding me?!"
"I'll call Ruthie at home, and ask her to have a boy sprint down!!"
"GREAT!"

"Hi Ruthie, it's Bee, we have a giant brown spider in the Brown's house!..."
(Ruthie talks)
"Katie, she said it's probabaly just a wolf spider, so to squish it ourselves"
(Me)"Tell her to put her pointer finger and thumb in a circle, and thats about how big around it is! I am not going to squish that thing!"
"Okay... Ruthie put your finger and thumb in a circle and thats about how big around it is!"
(Ruthie Talks)
"Okay, we'll squish it, bye."

"Katie, we ARE going to squish the spider! Okay"
"You mean you are... I am not goint to do that! Thats absolutely disgusting!"
"Okay, where are your Dad's shoes?"
"Use his old shoes, they're in the garage"
"Okay... will these work?"
"Perfect!....

She walks up to the location of our spider, puts the heel of the shoe on it, and BACKS AWAY!!! I thought "What is this girl thinking??" about then she says
"Okay, now you finish it off"
"O-o-o-ka-a-ay"

While standing as far off as possible, I finished it! That was absolutley, completely, terrifying! Especially beacuse there were no adults or boys there!!! Yikes! Well, I'll get back to babysitting now! Thanks for listening to my story!
Katie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think some of that some of that may of been a little exagerated!

-Bee

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny!!!! That's the way it is here too!!! There are NO boys here, so we have to do it! BUT it is sooo scary!!!!!!! Hee hee! Glad to hear you overcame your fear and squished it!!! ~Lynette :)

Anonymous said...

My sweetest little angel, you are so NOT brave. You and Bee are truly a two peas in a pod. Love you and miss you. Mammy XXXXXOOOOO

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh! Silly girls!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

Oh you girls...SQUISH that thing good already! :)
I could just see the 2 of you...LOL!
Thanks for sharing...remember it's just a bug that can be killed...no matter the size! :)