Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Shopping for Time?

Are you, like me, busy...or are you beyond busy...and challenged by your current season of life? Do you often feel overwhelmed with all that is on your plate? Might you even have so many “good things” to choose from that it’s hard to choose what’s best?

Admittedly, I have found myself wandering through a day with no clear purpose, or worse, ignoring what *should* be done, to gratify my own selfish pleasures. God has been so kind to reveal to me my sin. I lack of discipline and clear purpose in many areas of life. But, in His rich mercy, over the past many months, He has provided me teaching after teaching to address my lack. He has led me to passages of scriptures to encourage my heart and to songs that make melody to my occasionally weary soul. He has placed in my path books to speak to my mind and to direct me practically. In short, He has reminded me in countless ways of the gospel.

It is truly my desire that I would approach each day, each situation that He calls me, with purpose, intentionality, being productive yet sensitive to His leading....that I would be wise. To this He has called me.

In the book of Ephesians, Paul says, "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil." The Elf and I, with the ladies of our church just completed a book study and enjoyed several lovely evenings discussing Biblical wisdom and practical ideas addressed in Shopping for Time by Carolyn Mahaney and daughters.


Understanding that we, as ladies, tend to be wise shoppers (of stuff!), and using biblical principles as the foundation, with a sprinkling of encouragement and examples from real lives, the Mahaney women offer 5 tips to help ladies of various seasons of life apply the words of Ephesians 5:15-16, to be wise shoppers of time. Lest you be wary, the ladies state:
“These tips are not our attempt at Christian-coated time management principles. Rather they are biblical, life-tested practices we trust will encourage and assist you to bring glory to the Savior through every season of your life."
If you too, tend to feel overwhelmed, or just “busy”, or if you feel that you are missing something...a clear plan, intentionality....may I recommend this book for ladies (and young ladies)? I believe you’ll be encouraged!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy and girls! I enjoyed your posts so much! So glad I got to join you for a couple of the Shopping for Time meetings, as they were a huge blessing. God has had me on the same journey He has had you on. He is so good to us, isn't He!

Love and hugs,
Cassie