Thursday, January 1, 2009

Recalling precious moments in China and homecoming...

Nothing like leaving you hangin' of the recollections of "last year in China", eh?

It seems that each year, though, the diverse festivities of the Christmas holidays seem to easily supercede any of my plans! I am so grateful for the extra time spent with my extended family and friends, my parents, my children, (though they be in a flurry with preparations for gift giving and party planning/hosting) and most of all, now the precious moments of the "after Christmas" unscheduled time with my dearest husband. It might be a trip (or five) to Lowes or Sears, or maybe a brief time of uninterrupted talk over coffee, but I've cherished each moment.

So back to last year....the last post we recalled was in the valley, but the upswing is where we trudge now. Isn't that so appropriate on New Year's Day?

Here are some photos from our Sunday in Guangzhou. It shows some of our "daily sites" on the island. Sigh. I remember it all so vividly. I can still picture myslef walking down those sidwalks, looking at the buildings, watching the sweet Chinese faces encourage me to come and buy their wares. I remember wondering if Emmy Xiang will look like "that lady there" when she grows up. I pray one day that we can return to China to walk those streets again.

So enjoy coming out in to the sunlight by reading this.

Then read about our trip to visit an orphanage, though not Emmy Xiang's orphanage. Wow. It was an experience I'll never forget. There is a slide show of this day trip here. Also, enjoy some pictures of Emmy Xiang when she was in the orphanage and in her precious foster family.

Then came the the final official papers we awaited. We acquired Emmy Xiang's Chinese passport (which we have as a neat keepsake) and visa to enter the United States, where she would officially be declared a United States citizen. It's not a meaty post, but since it's the last one done in China (and if you're a die-hard reader), you can enjoy it here. If you're not the readin' type....enjoy this slideshow of the last few days in China here.

Lastly, here's the "We're home, praise God!" post. Whew! I don't miss that long trip home. It was THAT much longer because we were so excited to see our dear family and friends. I'll NEVER forget the welcome we received at the airport. I weep when I "go back there." Thank you again for your loving prayers and kind encouragements throughout our adoption process, while in China and back home. We are so richly blessed.

And thank you for coming along down memory lane with me. I am reminded of my Faithful God, who loves me with an everlasting love and lavishes me with goodness and kindness. I just don't deserve it. So I'll just thank and praise Him.

1 comment:

Jane Ellen said...

Amen, Mom! Let's go back!!!

~Katie