Monday, December 15, 2008

Though I walk through the valley.....

I'm so glad that He is with me. (Psalm 23)

I'm certain that I'm enjoying reliving our China adventure MUCH more than most folks (wouldn't that be natural?!?), but I must also say that it is so encouraging and faith-building to recall God's awesome work in our lives.

If you followed our journey the first time around, you know that it wasn't all Great Wall mountain top times. There was smog, pollution, poverty, sadness as well. These terms don't just refer to literal things we saw, but what I actually experienced, physically, emotionally and spiritually. As we remember, I WANT to remember it all....even the sin that was present in this most joyous time. I WANT to recall that I had to learn that God IS my all in all. I WANT to remember His amazing grace that poured over me in countless ways. In short, I WANT to remember it all!

So come along with me....

We'll start the day after the day Emmy Xiang joined our family.

Then you must go here to read the plug for Jim's blog. Hmm....I'm torn. Do I encourage you to go ahead and read his blog now, or ask that you wait? You decide. Just remember to come back here so you can see how low it gets....and then you can rejoice with me.

This one is just for fun....check out the adorable pictures of Emmy Xiang while at the orphanage and in foster care. I am reminded once again at God's faithfulness to care for her so well. She was obviously loved and treasured. I must continue to pray for blessings and thanksgiving over her birth parents, the orphanage and staff and that sweet family that daily cared for her needs and taught her about family before we were to have her join ours. Sigh.

Okay. NOW, check out this rambling post. This is where it gets real. I must say that this brief expression of vulnerability, as well as in several emails between me and my mom, and my dearest, sweetest friends, Shelly, Lynda, Karen and Jen...and many more...really ministered to me in ways I never could've imagined. Isn't it just so kind of God to allow us to be stretched, but to give us peace through the storm?

Jim got in on it too. Enjoy the post from him and the lovely picture of our sweet Emmy Xiang in her fury.

Stay tuned for the upswing. It got better. And better. And God is doing such a work in me...and in our dear family (even now).

2 comments:

ReBenMyers said...

Wow, thank you for re-posting your transparency. I am very encouraged reading yours and Jim's blogs about being discouraged, or frustrated. I am so there!!! I know with my head, but I am having a hard time convincing the rest of me. I know God is going to show up and blow my socks off, much like He did for you all. I love you all so much. God bless.

Doug and Terrye said...

Those memories are such a precious treasure.

Terrye in FL