Thursday, February 12, 2009

Reformed

The other day, Joe (EX) bounded up to me, with "pack-pack" and Tiger (AKA "24") in tow, and said (okay, so she whined), "Mooooommmmmmmm. I wanna go shopping. We go to CB-eh-eS?" (Translation: CVS).

Hmmm...used to, when we left the house, it was, "We going to Wal-mark?"

It's official. We've both been reformed. We're "CB-eh-eS" junkies.



If you've not joined in the great shopping at CVS with ECBs, are you missin' the fun! I've been tackling not only CVS, but, by Gods grace, also our mountainous grocery/toiletry budget. By seeking God's help, revisiting sound wisdom (in the form of an e-course called Supermarket Savings 101, as well as some neat podcasts and articles on the sidebar) found over at Moneysavingmom.com, faithfully planning meals, clipping coupons, and planning my grocery/toiletry shopping according to what's on sale, our spending is down 33%. Now that's fun!

I highly recommend the e-course for young ladies (and old!). You'll be reminded of those common sense things you know serve you and your family, but also, you might be introduced to some neat ways you can save some money and have fun shopping in these lean times. I know I have enjoyed the inspiration!

3 comments:

Jane Ellen said...

I love going to C-B- eh-es. It's sooo fun to get sooo much for FREE!

Katie :)

Unknown said...

Isn't it so much fun that your girls love to go too?
I am a ECB junkie. My stockpile is so stocked I am having withdrawels from not visiting C-B eh-es as often!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

I love CBEHES...but I need to know if I should do Grocery Game or visit this site and do whatever it says. I really want to serve our family better in this area!
Love you! :)