Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back then....and now.


This weekend we traveled home for my 20th year high school reunion. What fun! Enjoy some "then...and now" pictures!


Okay, so laugh now. We were the Demons. I know. That is hard for a Christian to reconcile. Still, the mascot comes from the formal name of our school, "Florida State University Demonstrative Research School," which we lovingly called Florida High School. However, now, the name has changed to Florida State University School, the school mascot no longer carries the evil connotation of being Demons (now Seminoles, or Baby Seminoles....how lame), and, to boot, the school grounds as we knew it no longer even exists! It is now the FSU School of Medicine! ARGH!


We had a nice turn out...what fun to see old classmates! Almost half of our "89 in '89" graduates attended one or both evenings.


Me, then...


...and now.


My best friend (since 4th grade), Sheila and I...then...


...and now.


My dear friend (and sorority sister), Heather and I...then...


...and now.


Sheila, Noel and I then....


...and now.


Casy, Sheila, Anne-Marie and I then....


...and now.

I like now.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I love all of these pics!!! :-D So cute!!! Glad ya'll got to go!!! Looks like oyu had a wonderful time!!! Love ya!!!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

FUN FUN!
Love it!
Looks like you had a great time.

ReBenMyers said...

You are like a fine wine, you get better with age!!! You are a gorgeous person and I love to call you friend.