Friday, June 19, 2009

"Then" again....

....that is, the early 80's and some.

Last night Jim took me on a date...to another town (2 1/2 hours away), to another time (was it the 70s or the 80s?). He surprised me with perfume, a road trip, dinner and a rock concert. We, along with dear friends, "were rock-in in-to the night" with 38 Special, REO Speedwagon and Styx. It was a long afternoon/evening, but we had fun listening to bands we enjoyed as kids. Funny, when I "go back" in time, it always makes me so grateful for just where God has brought me.

I repeat: I like now.

And as our friends so aptly put it,  "When we woke up this morning, we felt like we'd been run over by a speedwagon full of 38 specials and styx!"

1 comment:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

That is awesome! GREAT bands! :)