Monday, August 17, 2009

A New Reader in the Family


She's "read" several books this summer (granted, they were audio books). She picked up and read (on her own, with no coaxing from anyone else) A Tale of Two Cities. She even searches out books to read. No, I'm not talking about our littlest reader....our NEW reader: Katie.

We thought she'd never join our "reader" club, but she's with us. She told Jim and me last night, "I just had to learn that I could read GOOD books, not fluff. Now I like to read. I need a book. What should I read?"

Can you hear it? The "Hallelujah Chorus"? Amazing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Katie!

Bee

Anonymous said...

Great job Katie!

MJ

The Browns said...

Aww... thanks! Ya'll are great friends!
Love ya both,
Katie
XOXO

Farjag said...

Wonderful to hear! For me personally, I've loved good books ever since I could walk. No really, Mom has pics of me doing all sorts of things with books, making walkways, houses, forts, you name it. Then I read Winnie-the-Pooh, and then Pilgrim's Progress (in Old English) and I was hooked for life!

Mammy said...

Thanks, Katie, for recommending Penrod for me to read - it is really funny and cute....who would have thunk I'd be reading a recommendation from Katie Lou!?!?!?! XXXXXXXOOOOOOO

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

YAY Katie!!! Nothing like a GOOD book in your hands! :)